John 16:33


1st  IBS in Africa

John 16:33

“these things I have spoken to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.

This verse was a verse that got me through my last season of training. It kept my head high and not worried about my tribulations. now on to the verse this is Jesus himself speaking. There are not many verses in the bible that truly get the power of God in them. But in this verse, I truly felt the power of God in the context. the beginning starts with ‘‘these things I have spoken to you’’ this is the Lord making it personal for each one of us. Then the first thing after that is comfort from the Lord. In training, I truly needed comfort from the Lord because I was dealing with a lot of personal stresses and problems. So, in that time the Lord supplied a lot of comfort in His power over my problems. then it talks about tribulations it does not say you might have tribulations He spoke you will have tribulation. This is God reassuring what I am going through was not out of His plan but it is hard. Then God says” I have overcome the world” this gave me so much comfort knowing He was much bigger than any of my problems. This was a great and beautiful verse for me and it made me have peace in the Lord even in my days of struggles.

Application

Show someone this verse this week that looks like they are having a hard day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

luke 8: 22-25

mark 10: 47-49

mark 1:15