Romans 2:1


Romans 2:1

Therefore, you are inexcusable O man, whoever you judge another you condemn yourself; for you who judge practice the same things.

This is a beautiful verse pulled out of romans a book I am currently reading in my devotions. This verse didn’t even pop out to me but then I was re-reading some of romans and the lord pointed this verse out to me. It wasn’t one of those times you love the verse because it makes you feel good. This verse convicted me and it was a time of realizing my shortcoming. First stanza says, “you are inexcusable o man,” this part just set the scene so you didn’t come into this verse with excuses. From there it dives right into saying “whoever you judge another you condemn yourself;”. This part made me look at myself and question how often I judge others. Recently people got here to serve alongside me and I found myself many times questioning what people were doing. I thought it was weird how many of them interacted with others and just how they did ministry. In truly just found myself judging many things they were doing. The next part of this verse is just this “for you who judge practice the same things.”. the last stanza destroyed me in a good way spiritually tared me down then the lord built me up and just opened my eyes to many more things that I was possibly doing myself. In all the lord made me more aware of my thoughts throughout this verse

Application

Pray tonight with a team member that the lord will reveal shortcomings to me and reveal times I judge people. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

mark 10: 47-49

Revelations 14:9-10

mark 1:15