james 3:13-17


James 3:13-17

“Who is wise and understanding among you? Let them show it by their good life, by deeds done in the humility that comes from wisdom. But if you harbor bitter envy and selfish ambition in your hearts, do not boast about it or deny the truth. Such “wisdom” does not come down from heaven but is earthly, unspiritual, demonic. For where you have envy and selfish ambition, there you find disorder and every evil practice. But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first pure; then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere.”

“Who is wise and understanding among you?” This is one line that really spoke to me, “who is wise.” Yes, we all have the pastors in our mind but for me I have people that have shown me through their faith they have done good deeds. People who live outside of their flesh and live through him and for him in there every day life. My dad paid for some families’ groceries that didn’t have enough money even if it put our family in a tight money situation. My mom also worked in a smaller church as a children’s director that didn’t have a lot of funds. Every time she went shopping for actives for Wednesdays wow program or kids club she would spend her personal money knowing the kids wouldn’t be able to get the things she got through the funds she was giving by the church. These are the people that have made a bigger impact in my life because they have shown me how to live as a Christian and not just talk like one. Not to take anything away from pastors.

Application

Text my dad in media time how mush his wisdom has encouraged me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

luke 8: 22-25

mark 10: 47-49

mark 1:15